When I have absolutely nothing to do, I like to run a list of options through my head and pick out the best choice. I know you may feel like it’s the end of the world because of how lonely and boring you feel, but bro… there’s plenty of things to do. Make your own list of stuff to do. Be real and actually revisit it when you’re feeling low or have nothing to do. Here’s a few out of my list.
- Play Poker - Sounds weird, right? Hell no! A group of four and your set; get ready for the game of your life. Grab a deck of cards and figure out a good poker game to play. It may seem like a challenge at first, but learning the sport of poker is half the fun.
- Drink – What more is there to say? Grab yourself a couple of allies and enjoy a couple of cocktails or brews. Drinking takes the edge off and helps you open up as a person. You’ll be more social and make more friends, just like in the movies.
- Computer Time – Love binging on excessive amounts of information? Whip out your inner nerd and spend a few hours on your computer. Games, music, Wikipedia? I don’t care, just spend some time. You’ll feel great about yourself no matter what your spending your time doing.
- Mobbing – No, I don’t mean threatening people for money. I’m talking about cruising the streets with your closest friends. Get in the car, fill up every seat with a body and go drive somewhere. My friends and I have spent days worth of time aimlessly driving and enjoying the scenery and each other’s company. Think of it as your new stress outlet.
- Do a Lil’ Research – Nobody loves an idiot, so why not learn something new and have some fun at the same time. I am a huge fan of how-to articles, personal development blogs, and occasionally the sappy biography of a formerly great and now dead celebrity. Now I know what you’re thinking: “What’s the reward?” Well, Tom, maybe you can use all of this new info to strike up a conversation with someone super special.
What a great list of things to do! Gather up a friend or two and let them in on the festivities. Show them you aren’t a boring person. Clear your mind of thoughts of boredom and find yourself something fun to do. Quit being that guy (or gal). There’s plenty of things to do, you just need to open your eyes and sing. Or just blog like me. End!